2018 Summer Success Program
Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools is proud to announce the 2018 Summer Success Program at MNPS Virtual School. Enrollment in the 2018 Summer Success Program allows learners the opportunity to continue to complete courses needed to earn a high school diploma during the Summer break. The Summer Success Program is a great way for students to catch up or get ahead in their high school careers. In-county and out-of-county students are able to enroll upon paying the tuition noted below. Enrollment is open for students currently enrolled in grades nine through twelve (9-12).
Each course at MNPS Virtual School has a teacher who guides students through the coursework, which is broken into modules. Like a brick-and-mortar school, MNPS Virtual School delivers highly-qualified, certified teacher-scholars to instruct our courses. As students work through the modules of the course, learners connect with the teacher for refinement of learning and discussion-based assessments (DBAs). All students need is a computer, telephone, and Internet access to participate.
The following courses will be offered during the 2018 Summer Success Program:
- v-Economics/v-Economics (Honors)
- v-Personal Finance/v-Personal Finance (with Dual Credit Option)
- v-United States Government/v-United States Government (Honors)
- v-Lifetime Wellness (Fall) with v-Physical Education I
- v-Lifetime Wellness (Spring) with v-Lifetime Activities
- v-Computer Science Foundations (Fall)
- v-Computer Science Foundations (Spring)
Tuition for a single course is $199.00 for Davidson County residents. Tuition for non-Davidson County residents is $399.00. Summer tuition may be paid online by clicking HERE. Onsite tuition payments (check, cash, or money order) are also taken at MNPS Virtual School located at 4805 Park Avenue, Suite 303, Nashville, Tennessee 37209. Please note that all payments are nonrefundable - no exceptions.
To enroll in the 2018 Summer Success Program, please complete the below registration form. Moreover, to complete your registration and officially enroll in the summer program, please remit tuition payment in one of the methods described above. You are not officially enrolled until both the registration form as well as tuition have been received by MNPS Virtual School. All registration materials and tuition fees must be submitted and paid no later than Friday, May 25, 2018. Note: Due to the short length of the summer semester, students may only enroll in a single course.
The 2018 Summer Success Program begins Tuesday, May 29, 2018 and ends on Friday, June 29, 2018. When deciding whether to take a course, please keep in mind the following important dates:
- Tuesday, May 29, 2018 | Summer 2018 Semester Begins (i.e., Summer Success Program)
- Tuesday, May 29, 2018 | Deployment of Student Online Orientation & Summer Courses
- Friday, June 1, 2018 | Mandatory Student Orientation Must be Completed by Students
- Friday, June 1, 2018 | 1st Due Date
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018 | 2nd Due Date
- Friday, June 8, 2018 | 3rd Due Date
- Tuesday, June 12, 2018 | 4th Due Date
- Friday, June 15, 2018 | 5th Due Date
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 | 6th Due Date
- Friday, June 22, 2018 | 7th Due Date
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018 | 8th Due Date
- Thursday, June 28, 2018 - Friday, June 29, 2018 | Final Exam Testing Window for Students | Note: Students test daily at MNPS Virtual School located at 4805 Park Avenue, Suite 303, Nashville, Tennessee 37209 during any of the following start times: 8:00AM CDT, 9:00AM CDT, 10:00AM CDT, 11:00AM CDT, 12:00PM CDT, 1:00PM CDT, and 2:00PM CDT. No appointment is required.
- Friday, June 29, 2018 | Summer 2018 Uniform Make-Up Deadline for Students
- Friday, June 29, 2018 | Summer 2018 Semester Ends (i.e., 2018 Summer Success Program)
Please note that the online student orientation as well as the final exam are mandatory to earn credit. Please consider (your/your student's) overall summer schedule and commitments, during the month of June, before enrolling.
If you have any other questions regarding the 2018 Summer Success Program, please contact MNPS Virtual School directly at (615) 463-0188 Ext. 3900. We hope that you choose to login and join us for a summer of v-learning!