As a public school within the Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools district (MNPS), MNPS Virtual School is an optional school and open to all Davidson County residents. Students may enroll full-time and even graduate from our school. Additionally, learners can attend on a part-time basis taking between one and three courses. Full-time applications are accepted in both the fall and spring with application materials submitted on our website. Part-time applicants’ complete enrollment information at the school of primary enrollment with their designated school counselor.
Our school strives to determine whether virtual learning best serves students’ distinct learning needs before enrolling on a full-time basis. Courses are extremely challenging with learners working independently, advancing at their own pace, and connecting with the teacher when additional academic support is needed. Full-time eligibility requirements include the following:
Full-Time eligibility requirements
· Have and maintain a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) if a high school student; middle school students must have and maintain an overall “B” average.
· Score at least “proficient” on the previous year’s state-mandated assessment in English Language Arts and Mathematics.
· Maintain all passing grades during the semester the learner is applying.
· Attending school; not in violation of Tennessee’s Compulsory School Attendance Law.
· On track to graduate.
· Participate in all student induction activities.
· It is strongly recommended, but not required, that students successfully completed one online course before enrolling full-time.
If the applicant does not meet the eligibility requirements for full-time enrollment, the student and/or parent may request a waiver, in writing, of one or more of the eligibility requirements listed above. Waivers are directed to the attention of the v-Executive Principal of MNPS Virtual School. Part-time enrollment requires the executive principal’s approval at the learner’s school of primary enrollment.
Based on availability, non-Davidson County, Tennessee, residents may also attend on a full-time or part-time basis. Note that full-time out-of-county applicants are required to meet all eligibility requirements. Out-of-county students enrolling on a part-time basis are required to pay per half credit taken.
If you have additional questions regarding our eligibility requirements or enrollment options, please contact us directly at (615) 463-0188 Ext. 3900.