v-parent involvement policy
MNPS Virtual School realizes that our v-parents play a critical role in the success of our v-students as well as the success of our school. MNPS Virtual School is committed to a proactive approach towards family and community engagement with our goal being to realize our school’s mission, vision, commitments, and achievement goals. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our v-Parent Involvement Policy, please contact Mrs. Grace Gleaves, Virtualization Engineer, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (615) 669-9050.
- MNPS Virtual School will strive to communicate clearly and effectively with v-parents using a variety of communication strategies.
- MNPS Virtual School will hold orientations, at the beginning of each semester, providing comprehensive information and materials detailing our practices, policies, and procedures.
- MNPS Virtual School will provide v-parents access to (1) v-course content, (2) an explanation of the curriculum used as well as the forms of academic assessment, and (3) the proficiency levels that v-students are expected to meet.
- MNPS Virtual School will offer assistance to v-parents in understanding Tennessee’s academic content standards and student achievement benchmarks.
- MNPS Virtual School will update our website as well as send out a quarterly communication, informing v-students and v-parents of school events and other important topics.
- MNPS Virtual School will grant v-parents access to v-student v-course(s) allowing v-parents to access v-student’s grades, v-assignments, and v-teacher feedback.
- MNPS Virtual School will also help v-parents monitor v-student achievement through access to v-course grades as well as mid-quarter progress reports.
- MNPS Virtual School will provide telephone v-parent conferences, each school year, to discuss the achievement of v-students, as well as collaborate on additional support needed for v-learners.
- MNPS Virtual School will maintain an “open door” policy with v-parents accessible for telephone calls, emails, and conferences.
participation & collaberation
- MNPS Virtual School will provide opportunities for regular meetings with v-parents to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of the v-student.
- MNPS Virtual School will assist v-students in successfully transitioning from middle through high school and on to a career or college path. MNPS Virtual School will facilitate these transitions by working closely with feeder schools as well as developing and implementing a post-secondary transition plan for each v-student.
- MNPS Virtual School will recruit and further develop community partnerships for the ongoing development of The Virtual Academy of Business & Marketing.
- MNPS Virtual School will host quarterly v-student social events to create a community of v-learners and v-parents at our school.
- MNPS Virtual School will utilize the School Improvement Plan (SIP) team to solicit feedback and provide all stakeholders with shared-decision making for continuous school improvement. v-Parents and community members are welcome to serve on the SIP team.
- MNPS Virtual School will continue to collaborate with v-parents, community groups, and business partners to improve v-student achievement and college and career-readiness.