v-parent involvement policy
MNPS Virtual School realizes that our parents play a critical role in the success of our students as well as the success of our school. MNPS Virtual School is committed to a proactive approach towards family and community engagement with our goal being to realize our school’s mission, vision, commitments, and achievement goals. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Parent Involvement Policy, please contact Mrs. Grace Gleaves, Virtualization Engineer, via email to email@example.com or via telephone at (615) 669-9050.
- MNPS Virtual School will strive to communicate clearly and effectively with parents using a variety of communication strategies.
- MNPS Virtual School will hold orientations, at the beginning of each semester, providing comprehensive information and materials detailing our practices, policies, and procedures.
- MNPS Virtual School will provide parents access to (1) course content, (2) an explanation of the curriculum used as well as the forms of academic assessment, and (3) the proficiency levels that students are expected to meet.
- MNPS Virtual School will offer assistance to parents in understanding Tennessee’s academic content standards and student achievement benchmarks.
- MNPS Virtual School will update our website as well as send out a quarterly communication, informing students and parents of school events and other important topics.
- MNPS Virtual School will grant parents access to student course(s) allowing parents to access student’s grades, assignments, and teacher feedback.
- MNPS Virtual School will also help parents monitor student achievement through access to course grades as well as mid-quarter progress reports.
- MNPS Virtual School will offer telephone parent conferences, each school year, to discuss the achievement of students, as well as collaborate on additional support needed.
- MNPS Virtual School will maintain an “open door” policy with parents accessible for telephone calls, emails, and conferences.
participation & collaboration
- MNPS Virtual School will provide opportunities for regular meetings with parents to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of the student.
- MNPS Virtual School will assist students in successfully transitioning from middle through high school and on to a career or college path. MNPS Virtual School will facilitate these transitions by working closely with feeder schools as well as developing and implementing a post-secondary transition plan for each student.
- MNPS Virtual School will recruit and further develop community partnerships for the ongoing development of The Virtual Academy of Business & Technology.
- MNPS Virtual School will host quarterly student social events to create a community of v-learners and v-parents at our school.
- MNPS Virtual School will utilize the School Improvement Plan (SIP) team to solicit feedback and provide all stakeholders with shared-decision making for continuous school improvement. Parents and community members are invited to serve on the SIP team.
- MNPS Virtual School will continue to collaborate with parents, community groups, and business partners to improve student achievement and college and career-readiness.